Honey Pecan Encrusted Chicken
Okay, this was just freaking DELICIOUS and the easiest meal ever!!!
1.5 to 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup honey mustard
2 cups toasted pecans
First ready the nuts...
1. Toast about 2 cups of pecans in the toaster oven or regular oven, just for about 4-5 minutes to toast lightly to release some of their good flavor and natural oils
2. Crush up pecans using a food processor, food grinder, your hands, a mallet, etc. (I made sure about 3/4 of the pecans were ground really really finely, almost like a flour or pecan meal, and then left about 1/4 of the pecans in larger chopped pieces to throw on top)
Then do everything else...
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Rub the chicken thighs with the honey mustard so that they are all coated well
3. Coat each chicken thigh with ground up pecans
4. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil
5. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the juices run clear (this may take 15 or it may take 25 depending on how thick the chicken is)