Ground Beef Skillet with Sauteed Zucchini and Caramelized Onions
6oz ground beef
1 red onion, sliced
1 lb zucchini, sliced
1/2 TBSP olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
Seasonings of choice (i used garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes)
1. Heat skillet to medium-high heat with olive oil
2. Add zucchini and onions. Mix in garlic and seasonings. Cook until they become translucent and start to caramelize.
3. Remove from skillet and place on a sheet covered with aluminum foil in the broiler (oven on 500). Cook for approx 10 minutes, or until at desired crispness.
4. Add ground beef to the skillet and cook until there is no pink left.
5. Add onions and zucchini back to skillet with ground beef and mix everything together.